Sikhi Sikhia Summer Camp August 2017
will be held at Sikh Society of Calgary, Guru Nanak Centre from 14th to 25th August 2017 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM
|6:00 – 6:20||Nishan Sahib di Salaami|
|6:30 – 7:30||
Gurdwara Darbar hall
Basic information, Paath, Japji Sahib,
Sikh daily life- working & behaviour by pp presentation
Ardas & hukamnamah
Basics of Gurmukhi & daily Punjabi conversation
Basics of Gurmat Rehat Maryada & Sikh way of life
|9:00 – 8:30||
Guru ka Langar
Participation and Competitions:
* The campers will be divided into four Jathas (groups)according to their age .
- Daily, each group, will present the Gurdwara Diwan program from 6:30 to 7:30 PM.
- From August 21st , Students will start participating in stage presentations (Shabad keertan Poem recitation & speeches).
- Willing campers will perform Ardaas daily after Gurdwara Diwan.
- Jeopardy competitions of each group will held on August 23h 24th at 8:30 PM in the upper gallery of the Gurdwara Diwan.
- Home work sheets will also be given to the students according to their Group status including chart preparation for senior campers on Sikh historical, moral and cultural subjects, which will be included in evaluations.
- The top 3 Campers from every group shall be selected on the basis of their participation and performance in the Camp program and competitions.
- Outing – A day may be fixed for visiting some local park for adventure, games and outdoor fun for Campers.
Final Camp Presentation :
Saturday, August 25 th from 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Best performing campers with give a presentation of their items (Shabad keertan Poem recitation & speeches).
Siropas to the volunteers and prizes to the campers will be awarded. The program may be covered by camera to be uploaded on you tube as in previous years.
The campers will also be encouraged to wear Punjabi dress (Kurta, pajama & head covered with a chunni/scarf/turban ) which will also be included in evaluations.
Please submit the admission forms of your children by email:
To volunteer or for more information please contact Mrs Rajanjit Kaur Sawhney
Registration closes on August 12 th, 2017.